We are working hard to prepare for the WEBBA Regional Brass Band Contest on the 2nd April.
Since lockdown restrictions began, we haven’t had much opportunity to be in the public eye, entertaining our local fans and growing our membership.
We know you’ve missed attending our concerts, so we’re giving a little back, as a thank you for your ongoing support.
As you may know, we are a contesting band which as a minimum enters the annual regional championships in order to ascertain our ranking and strive to improve. The work that goes into what we put on stage is phenomenal:
- Our musical director, Mark Gibson, is interpreting the score and breaking it down so that we can follow his vision;
- Our members are rehearsing as an ensemble at least twice a week;
- Each section is rehearsing in intensive sessions to perfect their sound;
- Everyone is working hard at home on individual performance;
- Membership is growing as we strive for a full complement of players
- The committee is following competition regulations and making travel and hotel arrangements, as well as sourcing rehearsal venues (such as Chandler’s Ford Methodist Church);
- Our chairman, Roger, is flying around, tying this all together into a seamless bow.
We want to show our supports the fruits of our labours – so please, without further ado, register to attend our open rehearsal on Thursday, 31st March.
Please register for tickets so that we have an idea of numbers. If you don’t get one in time and want to come along, that’s still fine – this just gives us an indication of who to expect. Thank you.